The growing popularity of smart phones and mobile commerce make QR codes a marketing necessity.
QR codes are those maze-like squares you’re seeing now on ads and product packaging. QR codes instantly connect curious customers to custom microsites or other sources of product information, via their smart phones.
Here are five powerful trends compelling marketers to consider learning about and deploying QR codes in their campaigns.
- The number of times a day people access the Internet from their smart phones has doubled in the last year
- 20% of consumers use their phones to browse and research products
- 37% of American smart phone users have made purchases on their phones in the last six months
- In 2009 mobile commerce in the U.S. tripled to $1.2 billion.
- In 2009 eBay mobile commerce was $600 million
- In 2015 it is projected that $115 billion of goods and services will be purchased via mobile phones
Clearly, smart phones are becoming ubiquitous at a rapid clip and consumers are growing comfortable using them to shop. Can marketers afford to not start using QR codes to “talk” to people on their mobile devices?
For more information contact:
Source: Joseph Marin, QR Codes: A Guide for Printers, A Printing Industries of America/Digital Printing Council White Paper 2010