1-Click file prep
How to make sure you’re sending print-ready files
Our PDF preflight tool is a free and easy way to check your files prior to submission. PDF preflight makes sure your files are set up for error-free printing.
It’s free, simple, and helps you avoid job delays and re-work charges. With one click you can correct, verify and upload your print-ready PDFs to Laser Image.
Why PDF preflight?
We accept many file formats, but prefer PDF files because they let us take extra steps to help find errors like:
- Image resolution too low
- Fonts not embedded
- Wrong color space used
- Incorrect trim and/or bleed
- Inconsistencies (e.g. hairlines & gradients) within the native graphics file
- Spot colors misnamed or accidentally converted to process colors
- Images compressed too much (causing low quality and artifacts)
- Incorrect page size
- Problems with transparent objects
- ICC profiles missing or incorrect
PDF preflight* catches problems such as these before files leave your hands. One minute spent checking with PDF preflight can save hours of lost time and confusion.
How do I use PDF preflight?
- Download & skim the use guides
- Download the free software
- Install the software (you might need to check this Apple support document). A new print driver will be added to your computer called “PDF Preflight – Laser Image Printing and Marketing.” You can now either
- Choose the new print driver in your graphics program and print to a PDF file
- Use the “Drag & drop” standalone application for existing PDF files
- You’ll be prompted to fill out a form and review a checklist. Then either fix errors or press send.
That’s all! Your file will be sent, we’ll receive a notification and get your work into production.
* The word “preflight” comes from the routine pilots go through before takeoff … aren’t you glad they do that?